Whether your doctor has told you to cut out Social Networking, or you are just faced with feeling down because (once again) Twitter is down, here are some things you can do to satisfy your urges while "off Twitter." All of these methods have been carefully devised by the highly trained staff at the INVITATIONS Social Networking Recovery Facility.
10 Ways To Ease The Pain of Quitting Twitter Cold Turkey:
1) Eat lots of Peas!
2) Refer to all your cubicle mates, friends and family by "@" Firstname.
3) Buy a pet bird (to keep Tweeting for you).
4) Limit your email messages to 140 characters and make believe they are Tweets.
5) Send SMS messages to yourself describing the meal you just ate.
6) Convert every URL in your browser history into a shorter URL with TinyUrl... then try to guess which TinyUrl connects to what website... just for fun!
7) Print little stickers of your Twitter avatar and PeaVatar and use them in lieu of stamps on all your snail mail. What is "Snail Mail" you ask? Nevermind.
8) Refer to your favorite candy as a SNITTER bar.
9) Call your physician and ask if he can write you a referral for a TweetScan.
10) Go to SXSW since EVERYONE on Twitter will be there and you can actually talk instead of Tweet!
Of course, if the above suggestions still leave you with pangs of Twitter desire, you can apply for admission to a TweeTox program at INVITATIONS.
"When Twitter is offline our staff is on duty!"Please add your own Twitter Withdrawal suggestions in the comments, and take the new poll on the sidebar!