Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 6: Speaking in Twitter Tongues...

It is Day 6 in Social Networking Rehab. Not even a week and already I am feeling the pangs of withdrawal. As I sit in the rec room with the other "patients" I notice my thumbs twitching aimlessly in the air, ghost typing on a Treo that is not there... I stare at my Treo, strapped to my ankle, out of reach, keeping me out of touch... If only I were a contortionist.

In deference to my inability to Tweet, I am only speaking in sentences of 140 characters or less. I take solace in the fact it is driving the staff here nuts. And it is forcing me to T A L K R E A L L Y S L O W L Y A S I C O U N T T H E C H A R A C T E R S I N M Y H E A D...

The characters in my head... The characters in my head... YOU are all the characters in my head...

I managed to bend over close enough to my ankle to send a Twittergram.

0 comments: