(This post was inspired by Laura Fitton (@pistachio) and Lorri Randle (@mediajoltz) while we were Tweeting things up together in Ontario at the PNME. If you can say "YES" to four or more of the items below, then YOU should seriously consider joining me for an extended stay at INVITATIONS, the Nation's Premiere Social Networking Recovery Facility.)
Top 10 Reasons YOU Need Social Networking Rehab:
10. You have tried to email or IM someone by typing "@theirname".
9. You had to Friend your Physician on Facebook in order to make a Doctor's appointment.
8. You know who Robert Scoble is.
7. Without counting, you can instinctively form cohesive sentences of 140 characters or less.
6. You know who Dave Winer is and don't think RSS is a Cruise Line.
5. You have Twittered someone while they were physically less than 10 feet away from you.
4. You don't think Steve Rubel was one of the founders of STUDIO 54.
3. You left your baby in a car seat on the roof of your minivan because you were responding to an @Yourname Tweet on your Blackberry.
2. You are stressed out trying to figure out how to fit all your Facebook friends at the table for Thanksgiving.
And the number 1 reason YOU need Social Networking Rehab...
1. You are reading this post (and you linked to it from a Twitter message!)
Photo Credit: hazel proudlove - Fotolia.com
Sunday, October 7, 2007